Home World Canada Hampton, Saint John schools confirm cases of COVID-19 | CBC News

Hampton, Saint John schools confirm cases of COVID-19 | CBC News


New Brunswick’s Department of Education says two more schools have cases of COVID-19.

One case is at Simonds High School in Saint John and the other at Hampton Middle School, a spokesperson confirmed.

Nine schools in the province now have confirmed cases of COVID-19, in addition to two universities.

Danielle Elliott, the department’s communications director, said the school communities have been notified.

“School staff will contact affected families with more information should there be any impacts on learning,” she said in an email.

Elliott would not say if classes will be affected on Monday. 

The announcement follows a significant rise in the Saint John region, which is now under stricter, orange-level health rules. The area reported 16 new cases on Saturday, bringing it to 30 active cases.

Simonds High School has a student population of about 800 and 50 teaching staff, while Hampton Middle School has about 330 students, according to the district’s website.

The most recent case in a school was reported on Oct. 31 at Townsview School in Woodstock. 

Six schools in the Campbellton region (Zone 5) reported cases of COVID-19 during an outbreak in the area last month.



Source by [author_name]

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Must Read

Aldi Australia shoppers are obsessing over these panini crusts – and they cost just $2.99

REVEALED: The panini crusts from Aldi that thousands of shoppers can't...

Police take out AVO for Jodi Gordon against new boyfriend Sebastian Blackler

Jodi Gordon's new romance with British investment portfolio manager Sebastian Blackler has taken a turn for the worse.Just a week after the former...

‘Fargo’ Season 4 Finale Recap: Lessons Learned

Season 4, Episode 11: ‘Storia Americana’The Coen Brothers film “Fargo” ends, touchingly, with Marge Gunderson, the small-town police chief played by Frances McDormand,...

Coronavirus: Qantas adds to job cuts by outsourcing 2,000 roles

The Australian airline had already announced the loss of 6,000 staff as it tackles virus downturn.Source by
Translate »