Home Sports Inter Milan confirm Christian Eriksen has asked to leave Inter Milan and...

Inter Milan confirm Christian Eriksen has asked to leave Inter Milan and could leave the club soon


Christian Eriksen has asked to be sold by Inter Milan just ten months after leaving Tottenham and the Danish midfielder could be sold in January, confirms club chief Giuseppe Marotta

  • Inter Milan have revealed Christian Eriksen has handed in a transfer request 
  • The move comes under a year after the Dane forced through a Tottenham exit 
  • Eriksen has failed to nail down a spot in Antonio Conte’s squad and could leave
  • Inter chief Giuseppe Marotta admits Eriksen could depart the club in January

Christian Eriksen has asked to leave Inter Milan and could be sold by the Italian side in January, the Serie A club’s sporting director Giuseppe Marotta has confirmed.

The Danish midfielder only joined Inter from Tottenham in January of this year but has struggled to make an impact at the San Siro following his arrival, scoring scoring just four goals in 33 matches including none this season. 

Marotta has confirmed that Inter boss Antonio Conte does not want to hold onto the 28-year-old while he does not want to be there and that he could leave if the right offer arrives.  

Christian Eriksen (above) has asked to leave Inter Milan, confirmed Giuseppe Marotta

, Daily Echoed

Inter chief Marotta (above) reveals that the club are happy to discuss offers for Eriksen 

Marotta told DAZN: ‘Conte responded in expansive fashion. We can’t keep a player who at the moment is asking to be sold.

‘We will make the right evaluations. At the moment he’s available and Conte is using him in a way that is respectful of the club.

‘Offers? At the moment they have yet to arrive. Should that change we will try to find the right combination.’

Eriksen has failed to nail down a regular spot in Inter’s side and has started three out of the Nerazzurri’s eight league matches so far. 

, Daily Echoed

Eriksen (left) has struggled to nail down a regular place in Antonio Conte’s Inter side

The Dane has been an unused substitute in Inter’s last two league matches, including Sunday’s 4-2 win over Torino.  

Conte has opted to Nicolo Barella, Roberto Gagliardini and new signing Arturo Vidal in a midfield three in a 3-5-2 formation. 

Speaking about Eriksen’s future this month, Conte told Gazetta dello Sport: ‘All the choices I make are always and only for the good of Inter not for the good of the single player.

‘Players must be functional to an idea and a project in order to be competitive at national and international level.

, Daily Echoed

Conte (above) is happy to let Eriksen go if he does not want to be at the San Siro club

‘The modern footballer must be fast, strong, resistant. I take the technique for granted if you join a club like Inter.’ 

Eriksen completed a £17.5million move from Tottenham last season after rejecting a new contract to stay in Jose Mourinho’s squad.

The 28-year-old has been linked with a shock move to Spurs’ fierce rivals Arsenal, with Gunners midfielder Granit Xhaka being discussed in a potential swap move. 

Eriksen’s current contract at Inter Milan runs until 2024, but the midfielder has claimed he could quit the club during the January transfer window. 

, Daily Echoed

The Dane has admitted he could move on from Inter Milan in the January transfer window

‘This isn’t what I dreamed of,’ Eriksen told TV2 when asked this month about his role in the side. 

‘All players want to play as much as possible, but the coach decides who gets to go on the pitch. 

‘It is a strange situation, as the fans want to see me playing more and so would I, but the coach has different ideas and as a player I have to respect that.

‘I am concentrating on my football, then when the transfer window opens we will see if something will happen or not.’ 



Source by [author_name]

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Must Read

Diego Maradona’s blast at John Paul II and the Vatican revealed

'The Pope said the Church was concerned about poor kids. Sell...

In a 5-4 ruling, Supreme Court sides with religious groups in a dispute over Covid-19 restrictions in New York

The case is the latest pitting religious groups against city and state officials seeking to stop the spread of Covid-19, and it highlights...

Nail-biting clips reveal people who narrowly avoided disaster

Close shave! Nail-biting clips reveal people who narrowly avoided disaster -...

Muere el ganadero y hotelero Jos Luis Iniesta a los 78 aos en Badajoz

Jueves, 26 noviembre 2020 - 09:37 El ganadero y empresario Jos Luis Iniesta ha fallecido en Badajoz a los 78 aos de edad, vctima del coronavirus, tras unas semanas...

U.S. Supreme Court rules against limits on religious services in NYC virus hotspots | CBC News

The U.S. Supreme Court late on Wednesday backed Christian and Jewish houses of worship challenging New York state's latest restrictions in novel coronavirus hot spots. ...
Translate »