Home World US Seven die after drinking coronavirus hand sanitiser when alcohol ran out at...

Seven die after drinking coronavirus hand sanitiser when alcohol ran out at party in Russia 


Seven die after drinking coronavirus hand sanitiser when alcohol ran out at a party in Russia 

  • Two more people remain in a coma in an intensive care ward, say reports
  • Group of nine people drank the antiseptic hand wash at a party in Yakutia region
  • The first three victims were a 41-year-old woman and two men aged 27 and 59 

Seven people have died after drinking coronavirus hand sanitiser in Russia.

Two more remain in a coma in an intensive care ward, say reports.

A group of nine people drank the antiseptic hand wash when the alcohol ran out at a party on Thursday in Tomtor village in the Tattinsky district of the country’s largest region, Yakutia.

Seven people have died after drinking coronavirus hand sanitiser in Russia. Pictured: the location of the party in Tomtor Village in the region of Yakutia

, Daily Echoed

Two more remain in a coma in an intensive care ward, say reports. Pictured: Inside the house where the party took place

, Daily Echoed

A group of nine people drank the antiseptic hand wash when the alcohol ran out at a party on Thursday in Tomtor village in the Tattinsky district of the country’s largest region, Yakutia. Pictured: Inside the house where the party took place

The first three victims were a 41-year-old woman and two men aged 27 and 59. Six others were flown by a medical evacuation aircraft to regional capital Yakutsk.

On Friday three more men died, aged 28, 32 and 69. One more death was reported today.

Federal public health watchdog, Rospotrebnadzor reported: ‘Nine cases of poisoning with sanitiser have been registered, including seven that were fatal .’

, Daily Echoed

Six others were flown by a medical evacuation aircraft to regional capital Yakutsk.

, Daily Echoed

Pictured: The type of hand sanitiser that partygoers drank in Russia when the alcohol supply ran out

The regional state prosecutor said: ‘The poisoning took place as a result of drinking sanitiser.’

Partygoers drank the sanitiser – 69 per cent methanol – which had been sold as a hand cleanser during the pandemic.

Health officials warned locals not to drink the Russian-made antiseptic.

A criminal case has been opened.



Source by [author_name]

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Must Read

Another 45 dogs rescued from China’s meat trade arrive at JFK Airport to meet their new owners

For the second straight day, puppy love was in the air at JFK Airport after a shipment of dogs rescued from China's meat...

Second-hand superminis with the best and worst reliability track records revealed

Superminis are designed to be affordable runarounds aimed predominantly at new drivers or families looking for a second car.However, buy the wrong one...

Coverage That’s Fit for a Queen

Times Insider explains who we are and what we do, and delivers behind-the-scenes insights into how our journalism comes together.Once again, viewers on...

Anna Heinrich reveals post-baby body in a bikini two weeks after giving birth

Anna Heinrich reveals her incredible post-baby body in a bikini just...

Christmas movies you didn’t know were Christmas movies

And maybe you've seen every Christmas movie there is. But there are tons of movies out there that, from the right perspective, count...
Translate »